Monday, May 12, 2014

Spring Cleaning Step 1 Done!

Whoo hoo!  It took my best friend coming to visit to motivate me into finishing off the lower level of my house. But its GORGEOUS (at least to me :) )

It feels so good to have a clean house - now let's just hope it stays that way!


Of course my little helper was awesome!
He's a natural at vacuuming - he did the whole room on his own.

The next step is to work on cabinets and closets on the lower level  - cleaning them out, getting rid of unnecessary items.  All while maintaining the level of clean that I have accomplished!

I think the hardest will be the play room.  But that is to be expected.

Then I'll tackle upstairs.  The reward?  A better house, a yard sale (whoo hoo money!) and feeling better all around.  

Goal:  Get downstairs totally done by end of May - so closets and cabinets.  This includes my huge closet which is almost a room on its own.  ALL while still attending soccer games, swim lessons, cubscout activities, etc. I think I can I think I can I think I can. :)

I stopped going to the gym, partially because I needed the time to clean, and partially for cost.  But I've been getting my work out at home...don't believe me?
You try going up and down stairs 20 times a day carrying loads of stuff. And bending over and squatting to pick up things.  Its an "at home work out"!

One great perk of spring cleaning... is sprucing the place up with fresh flowers from the yard.



No comments:

Post a Comment