Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Memorial Day Hike: John Bryan State Park

Hope everyone had a safe and fun Memorial Day weekend!

It was quite busy here in the Beaver household.  Cub scout activities all around.  Unfortunately, I didn't get to go camping like I wanted to.  But I spent the time kayaking and hiking.

Of course it was a beautiful day for a hike.  It was made even more beautiful walking along a stream with my trusty dog Magi in tow.

She was loving the river and the hike.

Every time she got dry, she jumped back into the river.

Yup, that's my dog, the smellier the water the better!



John Bryan is a wonderful park..... easy to follow trail, moderate hike.

I say moderate due to the tree roots and rocks to trip over.

It wasn't too overly steep.  We were out there for about 3 hours, did about 4 miles or so. Moderate pace, but with lots of stops for photos and a half hour spent meditating at what is now my new favorite spot.   A quiet spot just off the trail along a little trickling waterfall that settles into a pool.

I was spell bound the moment I saw it.  If I didn't have my dog with me, I could have easily sat there for hours.  She had other ideas, she was on the move and kept getting caught on roots and rocks.

another beautiful spot


And of course some of the wildlife along the way.......


Next time I'll try to go earlier (without my dog) to try to catch some other wildlife along the way.



A beautiful day for a swim.  Of course some areas were a little deeper than others. 
At one point Magi went to jump into the river, but misjudged the depth.  She usually stays about chest deep.  This was much deeper and under she went. She quickly came up and swam to the shore and got out.  But that was one soaked puppy.



No comments:

Post a Comment