Saturday, May 3, 2014

Feeling Low? Try Salad in a Bowl!

I don't know what's with my energy level lately, except that its been low.   Now being a busy mom, I should expect to be tired, but not lethargic.  Most likely, the most obvious culprit is low iron, anemia....  So some quick soup to perk me up.

Now, I'm calling this Salad in a bowl, because in the pot it looks like salad.  But truthfully, I know I've eaten salad in a bowl tons of times, so the title can be a bit misleading. :D

First I started off with a drizzle of olive oil.
 

Now, my inspiration for this soup was I wanted to get my leafy greens from my CSA into it like noodles, or perhaps more like miso soup and seaweed.

I tossed in a few (too many) handfuls of my leafy greens,  Kale, Mizuna, and Pack Choi.

yup just looks like a salad!

Over medium heat, I wilted these delicious greens.
Then added 1 cup of chicken broth (you could use any broth base really.  Especially if you're going vegan or vegetarian)

Season to taste - mine included rosemary, pepper and garlic powder, but upon tasting I should have added a bit more salt (I usually rarely add salt while cooking)

And Voila!

An easy, quick perk you up soup that is really really really simple.















No comments:

Post a Comment