Thursday, May 8, 2014

CSA Today! 5-8-14

Happy Thursday Everyone!  The weekend is almost here.

As usual I got my CSA delivery today!


In the box:
Lettuce, kale, spinach :D, cucumbers, onion, tomato, oranges, chives and potatoes.

I'm a tiny bit disappointed today though.  The newsletter included in my box indicated I should have asparagus in my box.  This was not the case. I was really looking forward to asparagus. Especially as its on my menu for tomorrow's dinner guest!

Now don't get me wrong, I'm very happy with my selection of veggies, and I have some freshly picked asparagus from my aunt's garden.... but you can never have too much asparagus! Yummy!

Of course the kale and spinach are loved.  So many potatoes..... I'm not a huge fan of potatoes to begin with.  I don't use them much.

Now the oranges will get used.  I have snack duty for soccer this week, nothing better than orange slices!!!!
(Yeah I'm that crazy soccer mom who gets healthy stuff for the kids instead of bagged chips or cookies.)

It's been a bit like summer this week.  It got up to 85 degreees today. It's only May 8th!   This will probably be a doozie of a summer.  Usually now is when my electric bills go down due to wonderful days and nights to leave the windows open.







No comments:

Post a Comment