Thursday, May 22, 2014

CSA Today! 5-22-14




Well, another CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) delivery today.  As usual so many vegetables!




From the farm:  Kale, spinach  (still no asparagus yet but I'm hoping soon!)

From wholesale:  Lemons, Bananas, Mango, Apples, Bell Peppers, Sweet potatoes, Carrots, cucumbers.

I'm practically swimming in bell peppers (green and red) I had to give 5 to my mom today, along with a lot of spinach.  I hate giving that gorgeous spinach away, but I still haven't finished using up my bag from last week.
Not to mention I still have 1/2 a bag of red potatoes and several other potatoes left.
I'm going to have to look up new recipes to use it all. Especially the peppers.  I can only make fajitas or stuffed peppers so many times.  Cucumbers will be easier, I have grand plans of pickles.

In the mean time I did some gardening as well, and planted some new gerber daisies. :D



No comments:

Post a Comment