Monday, April 28, 2014

Weekend break from cleaning.

How can I clean on a day like today?  That's what I was thinking this weekend.  Some things are just more important than cleaning.... like getting outside and enjoying life on a beautiful spring day.

So Saturday I worked on my garden:
my little man working hard
 Getting the soil turned over, planting some flowers, herbs and a few vegetables to get started.

Quite an enjoyable sunny day.








Then Sunny Sunday I went for a hike:

a Beaver dam :)
 I can't seem to go on a hike anymore with out my camera... or if I do, then I wish I had my camera with me.

I went to a local wetland/wildlife reserve.  I've actually never really explored there before since it has boardwalks and I usually want something more challenging for hiking. But since I was still recuperating from my garden workout the day before, I was okay with a light hike.

What I found was pleasantly unexpected.

“We need the tonic of wildness...At the same time that we are earnest to explore and learn all things, we require that all things be mysterious and unexplorable, that land and sea be indefinitely wild, unsurveyed and unfathomed by us because unfathomable. We can never have enough of nature.” 
― Henry David ThoreauWalden: Or, Life in the Woods



hello little bug
So early in the spring, finding tons of wildlife.

Little bugs posing on top of beautiful marsh flowers.












Jittery, jumping frogs sunning themselves, only to be frightened by my presence and swimming away.
shhhhhh you can't see me!

And unfortunately..... tons of ticks. Tick season is here early this year.

ugh.... they give me the heebie jeebies


Happy Spring!








No comments:

Post a Comment