Monday, April 21, 2014

Spring Motivation

Ahhhh Spring, now that the fleeting snow is gone and warm temperatures are here, I'm getting more and more motivated.


So today I got busy, I went to the store and got potting mix, manure and a few other supplies to start my garden.  Not all the dirt is moved yet, I'll finish that task tomorrow.  Moving 600 lbs of dirt is a large task to take by yourself.

I got a few plants as well, sweet mint, catnip, lemon balm, and some butterfly and hummingbird flower seeds.


Almost 80 yesterday, a whole lot of difference from Tuesday to Sunday!


Another motivation today was to start seriously working out. I stopped by the local gym and ran on their treadmill for a bit, did some machines and then ran a cool down 1/2 mile.   Nothing too extraneous as I haven't been to a gym in 7 years.  Just a light workout, just enough to break a sweat.  My goal is to get cardio healthier, get some endurance (so I can keep up with my son)  and be less of a couch potato.

To prove my motivation I took measurements, which I will share, and will keep updated on here :)

At least I'm not crazy enough to do pics :) (at least not yet )

Biceps = 14 inches
Thighs = 20 inches
Waist = 34 inches
Hips = 37 inches

I'm not too much overweight, I'm just out of shape.  I posted this on facebook earlier today, its from Positive Outlooks.


Photo: Join our community: www.PositiveOutlooksBlog.com


Here's to making some progress!  In both my garden and my personal life! Happy Spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment