Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Happy Earth Day!

Happy Earth Day.
I like to think every day is Earth Day, but I do appreciate the extra attention drawn to it today.
And to celebrate, I'm working on my spring cleaning this week.

 :)

Even though this morning I felt like this......
My dog Magi, just chillin'
I did sleep in a bit, but then got up and spent the whole day cleaning the upstairs.  I counted this towards my working out goal for today.  I managed to get an elevated heart rate of cardio going, and stair-mastering in as well, with repeated trips up and down my stairs for laundry.  I did some weight lifting as I carried some furniture upstairs, and moved 400 lbs of dirt/manure from the driveway to the back yard. (~20 feet x 40lbs x 10 bags).  I'm sure I'll be sore tomorrow.

Now, I've written before about how I'm trying to minimize my household, and I started with my closet.  I have already reduced it by half.  As I was going through my closet I was disgusted at how much I still have, and need to reduce.   So I'm going to get all laundry done, every piece of clothing present, and if it doesn't fit in the closet or dresser, it will be gone.  I must fit into this closet. 

My son's clothing inventory will be easier, as it is the changing of the seasons and he has outgrown some items.  So the purging of his old clothes and putting away the new will be much simpler than my wardrobe. 

A minimized household is better for the earth, it reduces the consumerism, packaging and is just easier to deal with all around.  Not to mention its easier to keep clean!
Don't forget to smell the tulips!













No comments:

Post a Comment