Thursday, April 24, 2014

CSA Today - 4/24

Before starting this blog, I did lots of research.  On how to blog and how to be successful.  And I'm trying my hardest.  I'm trying to get into the routine of writing everyday, no matter what.  Today was especially hard when I'm sick.  Mom's don't get a day off, but I did manage to sink into my couch for most of the day, while my son was at school... reserving my energy for later.

Being Thursday, my CSA was delivered!  In it was a newsletter describing the current growing conditions and the effects on my delivery.


The recent snow storm impacted some freshly planted crops, so once again my delivery was mostly made up of wholesale organic food.






This week's list:

Fresh:
Mustard Greens
Chives
Lettuce

Wholesale:
Lemons
Strawberries
Apples
Mango
Bananas
Potatoes
Onion

I'm still swimming in potatoes and lettuce from last week.  I need to re-organize my kitchen so I can make the most of these veggies before they go bad.  Of course freezing the herbs is the best way to go.

I'm excited to use the mustard greens.  Since I'm sick, I think tomorrow I'll use some chicken broth and add the mustard greens as noodles.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment