Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Where's your happy place?

I want you to think for a moment.  Where are you happy.  Truly happy?  No complications, just pure enjoyment, relaxation and peace of mind.

My short trip to the Smoky Mountains last weekend reminded me of how much I enjoy getting out into the wilderness.


what a view!

Around my hometown, there are parks and places to go hikes.... but even in the deepest part of that wood you can hear the cars and airplanes go by.

In the mountains, it was total tranquility and peace.  Just sitting on the side of a path, and enjoying the gentle sounds of the forest in a light rain.

That is my happy place.  I'm at total peace.





Now I understand not everyone loves the outdoors like I do.  I have a friend who we be terrified to be out in the woods like I was.  She even faked being sick as a child to get out of camping.

So, my challenge to you dear reader is: Think.

Dig deep inside, and find where are you at peace.  Total peace.  Where nothing else matters, and all troubles disappear even for just a moment?  Is it a church?  A museum?  Maybe your backyard garden.  Still enjoying nature, but of a more domestic sort.




No comments:

Post a Comment