Tuesday, June 10, 2014

How Green are you?

The Busy Beaver Mom: Simple, green living in a busy beaver modern world.

The goal of this blog, is to document the steps I'm taking to achieve a simpler, greener household while maintaining a modern lifestyle.  This isn't as easy as it sounds.

One day I came across a fantastic description, how green are you?  Are you light green, medium green or dark forest green.

courtesy of clipart


You can vary the degree of green by what you do with your life to be more eco-friendly.  I also see it as a way to not feel guilty if you aren't almost Amish in your approach to life.  Deep down we all want the same thing.  Clean water to drink, clean air to breathe, and a clean place to call home. 

So I myself am light to medium green.

I've posted before on little steps you can do to make the day greener. And they aren't that hard. 

"I alone cannot change the world, but I can cast a stone across the waters to create many ripples." - Mother Teresa



So here in my corner of the world I'm doing what I can.

Tip of the day:  Be aware.  Be aware of what you are doing.  Don't just go through the motions. 


Today while I was brushing my teeth, I noticed my habit was to leave the water on for a few seconds while I brushed. Being aware I quickly turned it off.  So many bad habits are ignored. If we are more aware we can catch them and correct them.

You can only change if you aware things need to change. 

No comments:

Post a Comment