Friday, June 6, 2014

Foodie Friday! Krispy Fruity Cupcakes!

Ahhhh the joys of motherhood.  As we transition in age from diapers and falls to the school days and requests of "I want to celebrate my birthday at school tomorrow since its the last day of school and my birthday is in the summer."

EEEEEK!  Rush to the grocery store to get supplies for Rice Krispies treats with Fruity Pebbles!

- Rice Krispies      ( 4 cups)
- Fruity Pebbles    ( 2 cups)
- Butter                ( 3 Tablespoons)
- Marshmallow Fluff  ( 7 oz, or 1 small container)


Now I like to mix it up a bit with the original Rice Krispies Treats... I add some Fruity Pebbles!

First, mix together 4 cups Rice Krispies and 2 cups Fruity Pebbles (for a total of 6 cups)
- too many Fruity Pebbles can make things a bit sweet for me....

Next Melt 3 Tablespoons of butter!  Use the real thing please, its not like we're going for healthy treats here.


You want the butter totally melted so it can mix well with the marshmallow fluff.




Mix the 1 small container of marshmallow fluff (7 oz.) and stir well until they are mixed completely. 
I did this over low - medium heat.   You don't want to burn the fluff!


Pour the marshmallow goo into the krispies and pebbles and mix well until every little piece is coated (in deliciousness). 


Now here comes some fun parts:  For most treats you need to put into a large pan with maybe some wax paper in the bottom to prevent sticking and press the treats down so they stick.  

I decided to make it a little differently... I pulled out the muffin pans with cupcake liners in it. Multiple colors for fun!  Then I filled the cups and pressed firmly.  This is important to make the treats stick together.  You don't want limp treats!


Now the recipe above is the single recipe which made about 20 krispy treat cupcakes.  
I needed 24.  
So rather than make them smaller, I made another batch.  Oh darn, I'll need to eat them myself. :)

No messy knife needed to cut them apart, just hand them out!  

Needless to say, they were a huge hit at the last day of school party!!!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment