Tuesday, March 18, 2014

What dreams may come.....

Why do people love celebrities?  The athletes, movie stars, rock stars?
They followed their dreams.

They are stars, the glimmer of hope that we too can achieve what we once dreamed.

What did you dream of when you were full of hope, no boundaries, no obligations?

My dream was to be a zookeeper. To work in a zoo surrounded by exotic animals all day.

Owls are the carriers of dreams.



That is a very difficult dream to achieve as a single mom.

So I moved on, and became a responsible adult. 

I still have dreams, and I'm moving one step every day towards achieving them.

One dream (of many) is to get a motorcycle license and motorcycle.  What stopped me you ask?

Fear!

That ever pursuant plague.  Even now, it bites at my heels as I move towards getting my license.
I took the test last week to get my temps, and have enrolled in a beginning riders class.  My fears were always, what if I'm not good enough, or can't do it.  Even though tons of people every year get their licenses.  The sold out classes are enough to prove that. 

Also, there was timing, I didn't want to skip out of quality time 3 nights in one week to attend classes.  Which is why I've signed up for a class during the day while he's at school.

Lastly, is advice from my family (more Common Sense disguised fear).  Yes, motorcycle accidents are horrible, and yes they will probably happen to me.  But should I let that stop me from achieving something I want?

I don't plan on hot dogging down the road at 100 mph, or even getting on the highway for that matter.  I want an ecological commuter solution, that can take occasional back country roads.

In fact... I want this bike.
Suzuki TU250X
So that dream, dear reader, is what I'm working on now, something achievable as a single mom. 

What do you dream?  Take small steps and work towards it, don't let fear stop you!


No comments:

Post a Comment