Monday, March 24, 2014

Green Peppers and Onions

So in trying to use up some of the CSA material, I made (at the request of my son) sauteed green peppers and onions.



Pretty easy.... Slice up the onion and green pepper

Get out your favorite pan and some olive oil.


Then brown the onions.

Depending on how you like the texture, you can try low heat for a softer texture, or higher heat to really brown/caramelize the onions.

I needed to use the whole onion up, so I went ahead and chopped it all up with 1 green pepper.

 While the peppers and onions were cooking, I went ahead and chopped up one of the tomatoes too.

Aiden loves raw tomatoes.







Placed some ribs in the oven at 400 degrees, seasoned with Homer's Honey BBQ rub (local spices/bulk recipe)  and a dash of Jamaican Jerk Mix - for a touch of spice.





Ahhh they cooked perfectly.



And VOILA!   Approximately 20 minutes later (maybe a little longer for the ribs) dinner was served.

NOTE: I had the ribs at 400 because I wanted to cook them faster - they were a little on the medium to medium rare side... but these were beef ribs so it was ok.   I usually prefer to cook ribs around 350 for a longer period of time.

But dinner was still delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment