Monday, March 17, 2014

Be Irish today!



Happy St. Patrick's Day!

The day where the population of Irish people suddenly doubles (or more).  Everywhere you see Kiss Me I'm Irish shirts or buttons, in bright orange against screaming green shirts.

Actually, I love St. Patrick's Day.  A day when I can revel in my Irish heritage. I have a red-headed friend who's birthday is on St. Patrick's Day, isn't that a wee bit of Irish irony. :)


There is a song I heard recently that impressed upon how everyone could have a wee bit of Irish in them, because we Irish are such scalliwags. :)

Now I don't go for the green beer.  As good beers are dark red or brown (Yeah Guinness!)
But I do love corned beef and cabbage. :)

One of my aspirations is to travel to Ireland, enjoying the sites and the history.

So in celebration of St. Patrick's day, some wee tips that are fun....
 If you have kids:
Read some Irish poetry/ fairy tales
Use green (easy to wash off paint) and put foot prints on the toilet seat
Use green dye and turn the toilet water green, hey a leprechaun's gotta go somewhere!

If you don't have kids....
Go out!
People watch if nothing else
mobs of drunken people can be amusing
keep your sense of humor
And just for giggles, watch Far and Away.

Surprisingly I don't have any Irish related photographs to insert (other than the Wikipedia one at the top)- Guess I need to work on that.

I did learn this week that if you need to save time, you can cook corned beef in a crock pot, and it taste just lovely.


Sláinte! 

No comments:

Post a Comment