Thursday, July 3, 2014

CSA Today! 7-3-14

Yipes! It's been a busy week.  Not a pleasant busy week however.... my dog went out and got skunked.  First time too.
So now the whole house reeks.  In case you wondered:  concentrated skunk odor smells like the strongest garlic smell you've ever encountered.... then multiply that by 100, then burn it.  Yup.. uber burnt garlic smell.  Stinks the nose and head.

Thank goodness for cooler than average temperatures, so I could open EVERY window in my house and activate all fans!

But I digress... you're all here for my latest CSA update!

The groceries are booming.  They could use a little rain at the farm (per the newsletter I get each week), but otherwise things are going well.



Fresh from the Farm:  2 bunches of carrots!, 4 large zucchini, 2 summer squash, the first bunch of tomatoes, cucumbers, green onion, fresh basil, kohlrabi

From organic wholesale:  bananas, strawberries, apples, grapes (to add variety)

I actually gave away 1 zucchini, the kohlrabi, and some basil tonight.  I still have 2 large zucchini in the fridge.  Plus I'm growing basil in my garden (although the one from the farm smells delightful).

Tomorrow I plan on giving my mom a bunch of carrots, a zucchini, and some apples.  Its wonderful that there's so many veggies that I just have to share!  That helps build community.

I'm also looking forward to using the strawberries and some leftover blueberries for tomorrow's July 4th!

I did manage to use some of my broccoli before it went bad... just a simple steaming but it makes broccoli wonderful. Although I do cheat!  I just LOVE the ziploc steamer bags.  So easy for any veggie!

Once again, simple shortcuts.  To be eco-friendly, I do tend to use them at least 2 times before throwing them away.... I need to find an alternative way to steam in the microwave. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment