Friday, July 11, 2014

Foodie Friday: Cucumber -Chicken Salad with Bacon

Ok, so I'm not one of those people who think Bacon is the end-all wonder food that should be on anything.

But this chicken salad was definitely enhanced by a little bit of bacon :)

I was looking for a light lunch.
A quick inventory of the fridge for ingredients:
*   leftover rotisserie chicken
*   2.5 pieces of bacon leftover from breakfast
*  Some cucumbers that are going bad due to my fridge trying to freeze them
*  Some grapes ( I had to select the good ones, from the ones going bad)
*  and of course ever present mayo/miracle whip :)


So I chopped up 1 chicken breast (approximately 3/4 - 1 cup), added the 2.5 pieces of bacon (crumbled).   I could only use about 1/2 of my small cucumber due to freezing damage.  After removing the seeds, I managed to get about 1/4 cup of chopped cucumber.
Stir in about 2 healthy Tablespoons miracle whip (I use one made with olive oil and I love it).
I sprinkled a tad of garlic powder in for my personal preference, so of course season to taste.
( I LOVE Garlic!)
I added the grapes as a last minute touch, I wanted the burst of sweetness.  So I cut up about 8 small grapes.  Just enough to add oomph to the sandwich, without overpowering it.


This made about 3 sandwiches worth.  I guess I used about 2 Tablespoons of chicken salad on the sandwiches. You could probably stretch it out for 4 sandwiches.... I tend to be pretty heavy handed when making sandwiches.

The taste was a cross between chicken salad with grapes and cucumber sandwiches. Very Nummy!

Then I added a slice of fresh tomato to each sandwich.... absolutely wonderful. Nothing better than fresh veggies of the summer to add to a light summer sandwich.


No comments:

Post a Comment