Monday, August 29, 2016

I swear it was clean an hour ago!

I cleaned my living room, it was picked up, neat, and vacuumed.  That was 1 hour ago. 
A lot can happy in 1 hour when you have a puppy.

After 1 hour
As you can see from the photo.... the dogs decided to de-fluff a toy. They generously spread the love  fluff across the whole living room. As well as spreading the dog toys across the room as well.

After I've cleaned (again)
So to help me get this BusyBeaver house clean I have 2 (yes 2) vacuums. After using my last vacuum to death, I got a Bissell Lift Off Revolution Pet Vacuum.



It's done pretty good for the last 8 years. (approximately)
That's with 2 cats and 2 dogs and a kid.
It's still hung in there and cleaned well.
I will say my old version (because you know they are always improving things), is a beast.   It's heavy and I don't really feel like carrying it all around my 2 story house.

So for upstairs, a few years ago, I received a much smaller, more portable vacuum..


I use this for my stairs, and the smaller area upstairs. It's fantastic, and light enough my son can use it to vacuum as well. BONUS:  one less chore that I have to do.

These two vacuums help to keep us ahead of the game in the pet hair.
Now in our house, I've come to terms of never being one of those "magazine homes".
I heard it most eloquently put....


" Clean enough to be healthy, dirty enough to be happy."



Really, when it comes down to it, would you rather spend your time cleaning or spending time with family.
When we are at the end of our journey, looking back, what do you think you'll wish you had spent more of your life doing? Dishes, or board games with the kids? Getting ice cream, or vacuuming?

Clean enough to be healthy, dirty enough to be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment