Saturday, October 29, 2016

Laundry Time!

Just a quick post about the chaos that is my house. :)
So our washing machine is out of commission, and I have procured a replacement but have not yet done the switch in moving the machines around.
So what do you do when you run out of underwear? Have a laundry lesson.

So first I picked up a bar of soap. As a busy beaver mom who loves natural, eco-friendly products... I chose Dr. Bronner's Organic Castile Bar Soap.. almond scent.
So we took the laundry that needed done... upstairs to the bathroom. I have a large green tub from IKEA
TORKIS Flexible basket, indoor/outdoor IKEA Comfortable to carry because the entire clothes basket is made of soft, flexible plastic.
This is what my son did his laundry in. I used the bathtub. 
Next, I filled both with hot water and broke out the bar of soap. 
Hand scrubbing the clothes was fun. While we did the laundry I explained how this is how they did laundry in old fashioned times. (He loves everything old-timey)
Also, I explained that when you go camping for extended periods of time, you're not going to have a washing machine around, and this is what you do if you need clean underwear or socks. 

Overall, a fun and excellent learning experience. 
Luckily the dryer works, so we were able to toss the rung out clothes in the dryer and continue onto our Saturday night activities. 

No comments:

Post a Comment